Preparing for Post - Pestilence

Now that our group is nearing the end of filming, it is time to get everything situated for post-production. First things first, I need to make a folder with all of the assets for the project. It will follow the same file-sorting convention as last time:

For context, here is what each folder will contain:
  • Audio - SFX, voiceovers, etc.
  • Cameras - video sources from the cameras used in this production.
  • Docs - any documents related to the production of the video, including a local copy of the storyboard.
  • Project Files - the folder that will contain the Premiere Pro project file and its autosaves.
    • Note that this folder may also contain some After Effects project files if a decision is made to add some graphics that may not be possible to add using Premiere Pro alone. In this case, another folder will be created inside of the project folder named "Graphics" for video sources other than the cameras used in the video.

Sequence and Audio Settings

As for the video settings, all cameras will be set to the following settings:
  • 1920x1080 Progressive (frame size) - to allow for acceptable, high-definition video.
  • 60fps (frame rate) - to allow for a smoother viewing experience compared to lower framerates.
To maintain consistency, the sequence will be set to the following settings:

Right after setting up the sequence, I initiated the transfer process from my phone to the computer. This time, I will be editing the project outside of my home, so I will be using a highly capable laptop to edit this film. Due to some unknown limitations that I am attempting to fix with my laptop not accepting an FTP connection from my phone, I cannot transfer through FTP at any location other than at home. So, a few days after filming Scene 3, I copied all of the shots I took from that day and the day Scene 2 was filmed onto my desktop's drive, and then transferred them through FTP from my desktop's drive to my laptop's drive. 

Afterward, I imported the clips into the Premiere Pro project and sorted the clips into their own bins.

Now with all of the basic work done, I then decided that I was going to try something out with the audio clip of a specific shot. I went to the last shot of the entire opening sequence and proceeded to add the "Surround Reverb" audio effect. The result of applying this effect? Digital Phantom's laugh sounds even creepier than in the original recording, and the sound of the microphone colliding with the table makes for a perfect cut transition to the working title. Have a listen!
This is one of the many audio effects that I will be employing in this video. I also plan to add some sound effects in companion with some sound modifications that I will be applying during post-production editing. With that said, this concludes the post-production procedures!

Popular posts from this blog

Intro Blog - All About Me Commercial

Planning Blog: Script - Pestilence